Tuesday 26 February 2013

Photographing The Shard is easy. Taking a unique and interesting photograph however, is a challenge and it's a challenge that I'm quite willing to take on over the coming year. 
I'm starting with this:



It's got humour which I like. It's dramatic which is a mandatory requirement, and a smattering of architectural juxtaposition not to be sniffed at.

This reminded me of a competition I read about in Time Out recently that has been rattling around my head ever since. It was asking readers to submit a cover image that defined London for them. Well, this does it for me. When once it was Big Ben, it's now The Shard.

So, I did this and sent it off to them...



Worried that they would think I did some simple Photoshop jiggerypokery, I also attached the Googlemap street view of the exact location. How different things looked in 2008.


No comments:

Post a Comment